My approach to projects is to spend 50% of the time working on site working on the whole range of issues described above. This is then followed by off site work to make up the other 50% of the project.
Being based in France allows me to work closely with the world leaders in cheesemaking and dairy related equipment for application in other parts of the world.
Confidentiality and discretion are essential parts of this relationship.
My professional experiences and the market demand have led me to specialize in hard and semi-hard cheeses. More than my modern training and theoretical knowledge, there are many years of work as a cheesemaker in the “Beaufort” region with its knowledge base accumulated over the millennium that inform my approach to cheesemaking.
Taking advantage of the experience of a professional means long term vision of your business and security for your activity. This is choosing to solve quickly very expensive issues and to be more confident in the start up of a new project by minimizing the losses risks. This is also stabilizing the workers and responsible them in their tasks. This is finally answering of all the legal requirements as well on the technical aspect as on the hygienic and organisation system.
My work is performed directly on-site (one day to a few weeks), off –site (feasibility studies and follow up through phone/email), or in combination of both ways
Technical training in :
- » Cheesemaking and dairy technology,
- » Production management,
- » Formation Hygien pathogen control, HACCP development
- » Business management.
A to Z, or on more targeted tasks :
- » Building design advice (global conception of the factory with the contractors),
- » Workspace organisation to meet hygienic requirements (product and worker flow, position of clean and contaminated areas...),
- » Equipments design and integration onto the production process (finding and working with the most adapted manufacturer),
- » Start up of production,
- » Set up of the process according to the organoleptic target,
- » Cheesemakers and other worker training,
- » Sales and promotion advices,
- » Follow-up
Different assessment for the owners, managers, manufacturers, board of director :
- » Global state of the factory (worker management, production organization...)
- » State of a production line
- » HACCP plan assessment
Set up study for the implementation of :
- » a new line,
- » a new factory
- » a new process,
- » a new equipment
- » Identification of problems and implementation of corrective solutions,
- » Improvement of the efficiency of a line or a factory through a reorganisation of the tasks and the work flow
- » Worker tasks optimization
Après chaque mission sur site et à la demande du client, un suivi à distance est mis en place :
- » Ensure the production quality,
- » Resolution of problems
- » Exchanges with trained staff
- » Work with the equipment’s manufacturers in order to create or modify a production line
- » Control in the manufacturers plant before the equipment shipping (making sure the equipment fit the order requirements)
- » Feasability-viability,
- » Preliminary design
- » Building engineering
In the limit of an off-site assistance (can the problem can be identified and fixed ?)
Which technical orientations to achieve the commercial target ?